What would understanding of a specific grammar concept look like? How would you know students have “gotten it”?
Below are three articles that discuss grammar in an English classroom. Each article provides great insight into why grammar is important and how to incorporate it successfully into the classroom.
In order to answer the prompt above, I think it is important to list reasons why we even teach grammar in the first place. Below is a list I have started. Please feel free to contribute:
- Grammar is what makes up sentences
- Sentences are important for speech/talking and writing
- Grammar provides correct writing procedures
- Make sentences clear
- Make sentences precise
- Grammar helps us understand languages in general
- Grammar provides a starting place